- What it is: Fazenda Sempre Firme is a 120 ha cocoa plantation right in the middle of the Mata Atlantica, the wild forest with the highest biodiversity on earth. Bertil Akesson and his Brazilian partner Dr. Angelo Calmon de Sa were able to recreate a social structure and their best reward is to hear the community referring to the Fazenda as a “Paraiso”(paradise). They are growing the traditional and astonishing Forastero cocooa variety called “parasinho” that made the glory of Bahia at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Origin: Bertil Åkesson plantations in Madagascar, in Brazil and Indonesia supply world famous chocolatiers and chefs. In close collaboration with these passionate artists, he experienced the fascinating artwork to conjure cocoa into chocolate or how pepper enhances recipes and he launched a small and exclusive line of chocolate and fine exotic foods.
- Ingredients: 100% Cacao. Cacao beans, cacao butter, cacao nibs (7%), emulsifier (GMO free soya lecithin 1/1000). May contain traces of nuts, almond, milk and gluten.
- Note: the chocolate Åkesson’s developed from these beans is smooth, woody and earthy. It also has expressive notes that evoke autumn scents, tobacco and the local piganta fruit.
- Storage: this high-quality chocolate should be stored in a proper way. The ideal storage temperature is between 16 and 20 °C, avoid direct sunlight and extreme heat or cold, for example, it must not be left in the car both in summer and in winter, it could ruin it.