- What is it: Chia seeds, obtained from a floral plant called Salvia Hispanica, are small and uneven in colour, ranging from anthracite to white.
- Origin: Pacari is a premium organic gourmet 100% Ecuador product which has won many international prizes. Unrivalled for its fragrance and aroma, from the very first taste Pacari is different. It is processed in single-origin bars or with local fruits and ingredients with unparalleled characteristics which cannot be found elsewhere. Just as with the grapevine for its grapes and wine, so it is with the cacao plant for its beans and chocolate: the genetic make-up of the plant and the terroir give rise to unique aromas and scents. This all makes for a chocolate with great personality and soul. Ethical, excellent, fair trade. Not simply a product but a project based on a vision.
- Ingredients: 100% Chia seeds. Gluten-free product.
- Nutritional information: Chia seeds have a high calcium content; they also contain iron, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper and sodium; omega 3 and omega 6; vitamins A, B, B6 and C; proteins and fibres. They contribute to an excellent energy level and are believed to control blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- Utilizzo: i semi di Chia si conservano anche per anni e sono insapori. Se ne consiglia una dose quotidiana di circa 20 g. Possono essere aggiunti ai cereali; al latte o allo yogurt; alle spremute o ai succhi di frutta; crudi nelle insalate per donare croccantezza; per arricchire zuppe o minestre; nelle preparazioni di dolci. È possibile lasciarli in ammollo in acqua per circa 15 minuti per ottenere un gel che aiuta a calmare il senso di fame.