- What is it: O’Payo cacao is a very rare organic variety of Nicaragua. It grows in Waslala, in the Bosawa Nature Reserve, in the mountains in the north of the country. This reserve, the largest nature reserve in Central America, is highly protected and remote and was declared a biosphere reserve by UNESCO in 1997.
- Origin: Friis-Holm Chocolate is a Danish artisanal bean-to-bar chocolate firm. Set up in 2008 it operates in tune with sustainable values: micro-ecology of place, single origin native varietals and a direct trade model.
- Ingredients: Cacao min. 50%. Cacao beans, milk powder, sugar, cacao butter.
- Note: is characterized by the right tannins and notes of passion fruit, coffee, pineapple and kiwi.
- Storage: this high-quality chocolate should be stored in a proper way. The ideal storage temperature is between 16 and 20 °C, avoid direct sunlight and extreme heat or cold, for example, it must not be left in the car both in summer and in winter, it could ruin it.