- What is it: this ancient wild cacao strain is native to the Bolivian Amazon, in the department of Beni, in the north-eastern region. The land is extremely flat with a mix of flooded lawns and slightly raised islands on which cocoa trees grow. This cocoa is genetically unique and is not found anywhere else in the world and has been allowed to grow undisturbed, in its natural state, for hundreds of years.
- Origin: Chocolate Chapon was established in 1986 by the Parisian award-winning Mâitre Chocolatier Patrice Chapon. For Patrice a chocolate bar is the embodiment of the dream of gifting desires. Chapon has restored the machines of the last century for his Manufacture de Cacao, to make his chocolate bean to bar in the traditional way. Always in search of the ideal chocolate, Chapon personally selects the cocoa from the producers, finding real treasures all over the world.
- Ingredients: Cacao 74% min. Cacao mass, organic cane sugar, cacao butter. Produced in premises where: nuts, gluten, eggs, soy, milk, sulphites, and sesame seeds are processed.
- Note: Chocolate is powerful with cocoa aroma and fruit tart. The taste is complex but balanced, with notes of cooked fruit, cherry and currants, black grapes, mango and on the finish with hints of dulce de leche.
- Storage: this high-quality chocolate should be stored in a proper way. The ideal storage temperature is between 16 and 20 °C, avoid direct sunlight and extreme heat or cold, for example, it must not be left in the car both in summer and in winter, it could ruin it.
Chapon Beni 74% Bolivia
Dark chocolate bar 74% min. cacao
Weight 75 g
4 in stock