- Wath it is: in April 2009, Bertil Åkesson and his Brazillian partner Dr. Angelo Calmon de Sa, purchased the historic Fazenda Sempre Firme in Bahia, Brazil. This 120 ha cocoa plantation is right in the middle of the Mata Atlantica, the wild forest with the highest biodiveristy on earth. They were able to recreate a social structure and their best reward is to hear the community referring to the Fazenda as a “Paraiso” (paradise). They are growing there the traditional and astonishing forastero cocoa variety called “parasinho” that made the glory of Bahia at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Origin: Bertil Åkesson plantations in Madagascar, in Brazil and Indonesia supply world famous chocolatiers and chefs. In close collaboration with these passionate artists, he experienced the fascinating artwork to conjure cocoa into chocolate or how pepper enhances recipes and he launched a small and exclusive line of chocolate and fine exotic foods.
- Ingredients: cacao (75% min.), cane sugar, natural cacao butter, coffee nibs (5%), soy lecithin (no GMO) .
2015 Great Taste: GOLD 3 stars – Selected in the Top 50 Best Foods
2015 Academy of Chocolate: Best Flavoured Dark Bar – BRONZE
- Note: this chocolate has expressive noted that evoke wood, autumn scents, and the local pitanga fruit; a perfect match to the aromatic notes of honey, malt and maple syrup present in our Brazilian Bourbon coffee nibs.
- Storage: this high-quality chocolate should be stored in a proper way. The ideal storage temperature is between 16 and 20 °C, avoid direct sunlight and extreme heat or cold, for example, it must not be left in the car both in summer and in winter, it could ruin it.