- What is it: Chuncho is called the cacao that survived the passage of time in the Urubamba Valley, in the region of Cusco, where it still grows today in the shadow of Machu Picchu. The trees are very tall and sturdy, even more than 200 years old, and grow at a rare altitude for cacao cultivation. It is a unique flavor cocoa, for some the most aromatic in the world, pride of the local population.
- Origin: the name Cacaosuyo comes from the words “Cacao” and “Suyo”, the latter, in the Quechua language, meaning region. Tahuantinsuyo was the territory of the Inca empire, formed of four regions: Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile and Peru. Cacaosuyo aims to preserve the aroma and flavour of the original cacao of Tahuantinsuyo, in particular that of the Peruvian Amazon, and transform it into exquisite chocolate
- Ingredients: cacao mass, sugar. May contain traces of milk, peanuts and nuts.
- Note: a unique sensory experience thanks to the marked notes of citrus and flowers, with hints of molasses and nuts.
- Storage: this high-quality chocolate should be stored in a proper way. The ideal storage temperature is between 16 and 20 °C, avoid direct sunlight and extreme heat or cold, for example, it must not be left in the car both in summer and in winter, it could ruin it.